Friday, January 4, 2019

A job

Hello,
When I was a little girl I always wanted to become a chef. For Christmas, my birthday or any holiday that involved presents for me I always asked for cooking implements. I remember I got my first  “oven” (a toy oven) when I was only for years old and I loved it so much I could spend all day playing with it. At 11 my mom allowed me to use a real oven to cook by myself, that was one of the best days of my life. Of course it went really bad and I burnt everything but I felt so good with myself. With practice I got better and better. And I think that's what cooking is all about: persistence. Maybe the first time you don't get what you were expecting, maybe not even in the 3rd time, but if you keep going you can create delicious food and enjoy it eating what you cooked. That's what I think you need to be good at cooking. Just practice and patience. And that's also why I like it. 
I think I would be good at this job because the first thing you need to do well in a job is loving what you do, and I love cooking. But also because I have good memory to remember the recipes, and even if I don't remember any, I am pretty good at improvising food with what I have in hand, I can create really good plates… Or At least my family says so… 

I hope one day I get as good as Cat Cora, she is the best and such an inspiration!

Xoxo,
Sol

No comments:

Post a Comment